- Students eligible to register after the completion of their documents; the medical examination document, interviews or capabilities test (If applicable), tuition fees and demonstrate the military recruitment.
- A private file managed for each student, contains all documents related by the applicant as follow:
* Submitted paper for enrollment.
* School’s conditions sheet for the student with details (enrollment, examinations, results and degrees).
* Disciplinary penalties signed statement (If applicable).
* Student’s portfolios of sports, social and military activities.
A special file prepared for each student, noted down a statement of all contents of his profile as well as the graduation date as well as his work after graduation. There are two copies of the students’ records, one kept by the faculty and the General Administration of the University will keep the other (article 64 of the staff regulations)
At the end of each academic year, The Supreme Council of Universities determines the number of the Egyptians’ students who will be accepted in each college or institute in the next academic year- among those who achieve the secondary certificate or the equation Certificate- upon the proposal of the universities’ council after consulting the opinion of various Faculties’ councils.
In addition, the Supreme Council of Universities determines the number of non-Egyptians’ students who will be accepted in each college or institute, and the acceptance will be issued by a decree from the Minister of Higher Education (Article 74 of the Regulations).
A- Coordination Office of acceptance in universities and higher institutes for the Egyptians students who obtained the High School certificate from one of the Arab countries.
B - General administration for non-Egyptians’ students.
Students accepted at universities and institutes that are under supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education must obtain a certification or Bachelor from:-
1) High School and its equivalent:
The student should get high school certificate or what is equivalent. Besides, the acceptance is through success degrees and geographical distribution according to the resolution of supreme council of universities after taking the approval of universities and faculties’ councils. (Article 77 of the Regulations).
2) Technical diplomas:
The faculty of commerce accepts the students of commercial secondary school.
Moreover, students of these schools are accepted also in the department of technical teacher preparation in the faculties of Education according to the terms of supreme council of universities after taking the opinion of university council.
3) The holders of licentiate and Bachelor:
The holders of licentiate and bachelor or equivalent are accepted in other faculties or departments in the same faculty according to the internal terms by the resolution of the president or his vice.
1) It is not allowed for the student to be in one academic year more than two years, but it is allowed for the faculty council to let the student, who failed twice in one year to enter exams outside in the subjects in which they failed except the students of preparatory year and first year in the faculties, which have no preparatory year.
2) It is allowed for the faculty council to let pre-final year and final year enter exams from outside.
3) For the faculties that its study is five years, the students of second year in faculties, which have preparatory year and third year in faculties, which have preparatory year will be treated as the students of pre-final year, but if the students of final year fail in not more than half of courses regardless of courses from previous years, he/she is allowed to enter exams until he/she succeed.